Resource Hub

  • The Referral Process

    You might be aware that there is no test that confirms the diagnosis of CFS/ME, and therefore we have to exclude any other causes for your symptoms. In order to do this, you will need to have blood tests arranged via the GP. These blood tests will need to have taken place since the onset of your symptoms. Your GP will be aware of what these blood tests are and arrange them for you if you have not had them already.

    Your referral will have to be made by your GP. Unfortunately, we are not able to accept self-referrals. We will assess the information your GP has provided and, if necessary, discuss your case with him/her. We will then either accept the referral or make suggestions for a referral to other services if we feel that this is more appropriate (for example, to a sleep clinic if a primary sleep disorder is the most likely diagnosis). We have a detailed transition protocol to ensure that if you are referred from children or adolescent services the transfer is as seamless as possible.

    Once your referral has been accepted

    You will be sent an appointment for an initial introduction to our service, which will most likely be delivered online. This introduction session will help orientate you to our service and explain the different treatment approaches that we offer. If you wish to work with us, you will then be offered an initial 1:1 assessment before engaging with our therapy team. Our appointments are made by a member of our administration team, if you have any queries you can call them directly.

    Information for health professionals

    If you wish to refer a patient to our chronic fatigue service, please use our referral form. Before referring a patient, please read through the guide for referrers.

  • Help and Support

    Living with ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome can be challenging at the best of times, and this can feel overwhelming. Sometimes, when people feel overwhelmed or distressed, they can have thoughts of harming themselves or that life is not worth living. If you have had these thoughts or feel this way, it is important to speak to someone:

    You can speak with your GP and make an emergency appointment

    These helplines are there to help if you feel down, or need someone to talk to:



    • 116 123 (free phone) – Available 24 hours a day


    • for information on a range of topics such as types of mental health problems, and where to get help

    0300 123 3393 (Text: 86463)
    Open Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 6:00pm.

    • 24-Hour Crisis Telephone Services for 24 hour a day, 7 days a week if you are in crisis or in distress and you need advice or support


    For Barnet, Enfield and Haringey:  0800 151 0023


    For Camden and Islington: 0800 917 3333


    Is your life in danger? If you have seriously harmed yourself, ring 999, or go straight to A&E.

    Or, ask someone to call 999 on your behalf or take you to A&E.


  • Royal Free Charity Support Hub
    • Welfare rights advice service - advice and support for patients with long term health conditions (and their carers) on finances (including benefits and debts), housing, keeping warm, and other welfare related issues.  You can find the Support Hub on the Lower ground floor of the Royal Free Hospital (on the right, on the way to the main canteen), Tuesday – Thursday, 10 – 4pm (please note we are closed for lunch between 12.30 – 1.30)

    If you are a patient of the Royal Free Hospital/Fatigue Service and would like to be referred to any of these services, please email or call 020 7317 7529

  • Local Community Links

    Food banks:  people can find their nearest food bank here: The Trussel Trust

    • Talk for health:
      • Developed by psychotherapists, teaching a method of therapeutic talking and listening to all. This wonderful programme is free for all Camden and Islington residents, and has been shown to positively impact mental health.  
      • People can sign up on their website here:
    • Wellbeing walks in Camden: 
      • For anyone wanting to get more exercise, nature and to meet new people, wellbeing walks ae run regularly and for free: Wellbeing walks in Camden
  • Free Literature from the ME Association

    The ME Association have a wide range of information available for people affected by ME/CFS - including topics such as awareness, diet and nutrition, and many more:

  • Signposting for help with finances

    If you require some help or advice in regards to financial help while dealing with ME/CFS, please take a look at the following websites for some guidance:

    Turn2Us  - a national charity which helps those in financial hardship gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and support services

    Citizens Advice - a national charity and network of local charities that offer confidential advice online, over the phone, and in person, for free



  • M.E Support Services

    Action for M.E offer free services for those diagnosed with M.E for adults aged 18 and over.

    Action for M.E Support Services